How to connect to NIX
Follow these steps to join NIX:
Make sure you meet the requirements described in Rules and Obligations.
Order a connection to one or more of our IXPs. Contact nix-drift (at) usit.uio.no for technical details.
After you have submitted the form the following will take place:
We will sign the contract and return a copy.
- You will receive practical information such as IP-addresses and login info to the management tool portal.nix.no.
- Depending on where you are located we need the following connection details (email them to nix-drift (at) usit.uio.no)
- Verizon Area, 3rd floor: Fiber location details (rack and fiber ID).
- IP-Only: Establish a local cross-connects to Verizon Area, 3rd floor, rack 2.5. Please provide us with fiber location details.
- External: Establish a connection to Verizon Area, 3rd floor, rack 2.5. Please provide us with fiber location details.
- Digiplex: Room and contact person.
- Gaustadallen 23B: Fiber location details and contact person.
- NIX2, BIX, TRDIX; TIX and SIX: Fiber location details and contact person.
- We will prepare for the connection and place your port in a quarantine VLAN.
- When there is mutual agreement that everything is looking OK, your connection goes live.